Thursday, September 23, 2010

This may be the start of something new.

It's been days since I saw the sun. Well, maybe only 2 or 3. But still, that's roughly an eternity when you're solar powered like me. As I held my husband and whined to him about the lack of the rays-what-burned-me-to-hell last weekend, I remembered that I am sitting 24" from a sun lamp, formulated specifically to keep me from whining about this problem. I forgot to turn it on when I got home.

I just finished reading Alexa Stevenson's book, Half Baked. I was torn between cracking up, wanting to read parts out loud - even things that made even less sense out of context - and wanting to curl up and admit defeat to humanity. In short, it was an amazing book. I usually turn around and give my copy of books like these to the closest person who would enjoy it. But since it turns out Alexa LIVES IN MY STATE, I'm holding on to mind in the continued hope that she will accidentally fall into my lap one day and sign it. A girl can dream.

My challenge with blogging is feeling like I have to write something monumental every time. Now my uncle has started an awesome blog, and I have this renewed sense of wanting to observe the world around me, and record it for me to look back on in the future.

That is if Oberon (older cat) doesn't knock over my water bottle in his ongoing quest to lick everything in the house at least twice and making my whole computer cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment