Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Small town feeling

I think I should be distressed at what happened this afternoon, but instead I find myself mildly amused. There are a couple of pharmacies in the same chain that I frequent for my medications, but the one I go to the most is near my favorite grocery store. The pharmacist who typically works on Sundays is the one I tend to see the most, I'm not even sure I've seen him there on other days of the week. However, today he was working when I went in to get my meds filled. The conversation went something like this:
"Hi, I need to refill my no-crazy pills"
"Birthdate?"
"*lists off birthdate*, I'm running to the grocery store, I'll be back in 20 or 30 minutes."
-half an hour later-
I smile at him, he picks up my prescription, I state my address without him asking, he checks me out.

During NO part of this did I actually tell him my name or what medication I wanted refilled. Oh no, my pharmacist knows me by sight.

Good thing that I'm such a believer in better living through chemistry.

No comments:

Post a Comment